While existing business is great, generating new leads on a consistent basis is vital to running any successful company. This means that teams need to plan for the future as well as focusing on satisfying their existing clients which is often easier said than done. Here are a few steps that B2B (business-to-business) companies can take to ensure that they are well positioned for growth in 2020:
- Use a live chat. In this day and age customers love to connect. And they want it to be instant. They feel secure knowing that there is someone that will always be available to help them work through problems and as such, a good business should always make sure that they are ready and available to connect with clients and potential customers. The use of a live chat is a great, low cost way to do this.
- Be Visible. Along the lines of connecting with leads, there is another aspect to be considered. A company needs to constantly be promoting itself and building relationships. Regular attendance at events, expos and trade shows is a wonderful way to meet new partners, learn about cutting-edge products, connect with customers, promote your business, and generate new leads.
- Optimize Your Site. Regular site maintenance and optimization is a must. Every business should have a website that loads quickly, is modern and easy to navigate. If they experience issues users quickly become frustrated and click away (generally after 3 seconds). Because so many leads come through mobile devices it’s also necessary to have a mobile optimized site.
- Get Reviews. The goal is to have potential customers to be able to search and learn about a company and its products from objective sources. That means that getting plenty of reviews, that are (hopefully) positive is great for business. In addition, businesses should never underestimate word-of-mouth. The best way to get new leads if from a referral, it’s free advertising at it’s finest.
- Focus on SEO. Building upon keywords is an excellent way to increase traffic and online attention while not having to pay an enormous amount of money for advertising. Using Search Engine Optimization is a way to build search engine results at practically no cost.
- Make the Sales Process Seamless. Market products clearly, and streamline the entire process to make it as efficient as possible. Customers should never, ever feel frustrated at any point while completing a transaction as it can lead to them clicking away moments from when a sale is about to be completed.
- Be Up-to-date. Make sure that your sales team is up to date on all the latest news in their department and concerning their products. You never want them to not be knowledgeable about the company products, unable to answer questions, or worse, give information concerning a product that is inaccurate.
- Take a Step Back. Sometimes it’s a good idea to simply step back, consider and review your sales funnel. It can be both enlightening and eye-opening to look at things, if possible, in a new light. A good way to do that objectively is to have an outside pair of eyes take a good look at who the business is marketing to and how they are generating new leads. Sometimes a company can grow without realizing it, or, on the flip side, get stuck in the same rut, day after day. By allowing a fresh pair of eyes to look at how leads are being generated can help immensely.
A good B2B company makes sure that they are always planning for the future. This means not only investing in your business and product but also ensuring that you’ve got a solid marketing strategy to go with a seamless sales process that only gets better with time.
Get in touch to see how how TechTrack Data can support your B2B Sales & Marketing efforts.
TechTrack provides unlimited access to world-class data and prospecting tools to growth-oriented organizations without the high fees, long term commitments and up-selling associated with other platforms. With daily updates by a dedicated team of analysts to a database that is researched and verified internally, TechTrack offers users a unique perspective and interface that is designed to provide insight and value to customers of all types in the knowledge economy.
Get started today and supercharge your pipeline.